The Coventry Canal Basin Warehouse from the front end.

1914 - Coventry Canal Warehouse – Third warehouse built

What we now refer to as Coventry Canal Warehouse was actually built in three separate stages between 1787 and 1914. The latter section sits to the left of the original warehouse and built on top of the existing stables which are now home to Ludic Rooms’ studios.

An excellent write up of the history of the Canal Warehouses and their adoption by the Coventry Artists Group / Coventry Canal Basin Trust can be found on the Coventry Society website here

Image – cc-by-sa/2.0 – © E Gammie – geograph.org.uk/p/1551011