The Coventry Canal Basin Warehouse from the front end.

c.1820 - Coventry Canal Warehouse – Second warehouses built

What we now refer to as Coventry Canal Warehouse was actually built in three separate stages between 1787 and 1914. This second oldest section is in the darkest brick stretching up towards Bridge No 1, to the right of the existing warehouse when looking from the street.

An excellent write up of the history of the Canal Warehouses and their adoption by the Coventry Artists Group / Coventry Canal Basin Trust can be found on the Coventry Society website here

Image – cc-by-sa/2.0 – © E Gammie – geograph.org.uk/p/1551011