Canal Warehouse. 1787, C19 and 1914. Brick with Welsh slate roofs. One to four storeys.
Extensive frontage following Leicester Row, with four different roof heights. Dentil eaves cornice. Elevation to Leicester Row from left to right. The first section has two altered basket arched openings and a segmental arched window to ground floor. The upper floors have two pairs of giant round-arched panels containing three tiers of horizontal strip windows and round-arched windows above. Then a gabled bay with keyed segmental arched entrance and keyed lunette window. Slightly lower section to the right has a large segmental arched entrance flanked by smaller segmental arched entrances. Three segmental arched windows above and above again, and five round-arched windows above. All have iron casements. Lower section to right has two tiers of segmental arched windows and lunette windows above, divided into groups of 3-6-3 by large segmental arched entrances. Lower range to right again has repeated tripartite motif of segmental arched entrances flanked by blind half segmental arches.
The rear elevation gives onto the canal basin. The elevation at the time of inspection was under scaffold and in the process of being renovated. Projecting canopy continuing the pitch of the main roof. Various basket arched doorways and windows.
The Warehouse flanks the canal basin of the Coventry Canal Navigation which was completed in 1769 by James Brindley.